Step 1: Pick a visualization
Choose 1 of 12 visualizations available to start your custom report. You can add multiple visualizations of the same data, one visualization with different data, or switch between charts as you build your report.
Learn more about Data Lab visualizations.
Step 2: Name your report and set a date range
- With your first visualization selected, give your report a name by selecting Untitled in the top-left corner.
- Below the report name, you can select or enter a date range, and, if needed, the comparison date range.
- Next to the date range, you can select for which programs and channels this report should show data. These filters will apply to all visualizations in the report.
- Select [More] to add additional filters.
Step 3: Modify the visualization
- You can name your visualizations by selecting Untitled and entering what you want to call the visualization.
- Next to the visualization name, you can select [Menu] to Remove, Clone, or Download a .CSV or PDF file for the visualization data (exported .CSV files can include comparison charts).
- Change your visualization size by dragging the small arrow on the bottom-right of the visualization.
- Move the visualization by hovering your cursor to the right of the visualization's name and dragging it to your desired location.
- Change the visualization type by selecting it, then choosing one of the other visualizations above the right toolbar.
- Add more visualizations to your report by dragging and dropping them onto an empty part of your report.
Step 4: Add data to your visualization
For each visualization, you can add Dimensions (which have blue icons next to them) and Measures (which have red icons next to them) if the visualization needs it. These can be called by other names, like "x-axis" or "series".
Select the tabs below to learn more about Dimensions and Measures.
- To add a Dimension or Measure to a visualization, find the element you want to add from the toolbar on the right.
- Drag and drop that element under the X-Axis heading if it had a blue icon next to it or under the Seriesheading if it had a red icon next to it.
- Alternatively, you can just drag and drop the Dimensions and Measures straight onto the visualization.
- You can rename the Dimension or Measure by selecting its label and then typing in your preferred name.
Step 5: Save and access custom reports
When you are done working on the report's visualizations, select Save in the top-right corner, and the custom report will be saved under Reports → More Reports.
Custom reports built in Data Lab can be found in the Built category.